RE: Issue calling Com function(s)

--- Paul K Gleske <pkg@gleske.org> wrote: > Slight goof on that post.
The make file I posted didn't have
> everything set
> (it was missing the -lole32 flag to the link).  Here is the correct
> makefile:
>
> -----------------
> makefile
> -----------------
> .PHONY: clean all
>
> istreamtest.exe : istreamtest.obj
> 	gcc -o istreamtest.exe -mwindows -mno-cygwin -lole32 istreamtest.obj

-lole32must follow istreamtest.obj

[snip]

> Thanks for the link to the description of -fvtable-thunk.  However, I
> don't
> think it helps me to understand how/when it should be used.  There is
> the
> comment that all libs must be re-compiled including libgcc.a.  How do
> I do
> that?  Is it really necessary?

Yes, if you are going to use C++ exception handling (in libgcc.a) or
any classes/functions from libstdc++.a. In your testcase, you didn't.

Also any other support C++ libs must be built with same setting.

I hope to have  vtable-thunk versions of libstdc++.a, libgcc.a and
_G_config.h uploaded to mingw file release page this weekend.  They
will of course only be useful to you if you are using -mno-cygwin (or
mingw)

Danny