fileutils-4.0-3

In substituting the du command I built out of the fileutils-4.0-3
source, I have a user that is complaining that when they run the
following command on a file held by another process, they get:

du -k -s d:\exchsrvr\mdbdata\PRIV.EDB

to monitor the private exchange store. When we use this command from the
command line we get an "Permission denied" Error message. When we stop the
"Microsoft Exchange Information Store" Service this command runs
perfectly.

Previously we were using a du command that we got from somewhere else
(time has long since wiped out who the vendor was, and we don't have
the source), didn't have this problem.

Is there a limitation within the cygwin1.dll that prevents simultaneous
access to a file that is opened for write??

Thanks,

jerry
Jerry Heyman   919.224.1442    | Tivoli Systems       |"Software is the
Build Infrastructure Architect | 3901 S Miami Blvd    | difference between
Jerry.Heyman@tivoli.com        | Durham, NC  27703    | hardware and reality"
                          http://www.acm.org/~heymanj