Re: 1.3.2: signgam problem still present in plotutils, gnuplot etc.

> Hmm.  I don't recall anyone submitting a patch for this.

The mailing on the CYGWIN list I referred to had a patch, to which several
people agreed it worked. It almost also did the job for plotutils, meaning
it revealed a problem in plotutils, removing that one made it work (the
problem was that plotutils assumes that signgam is a variable, and
redeclares it - which fails if it is not and is obsolete anyway since math.h
is responsible for declaring it).

Again, the page was http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2001-03/msg01837.html. I
quote the main idea. I have no idea whatsoever what the change really does,
so I don't want to submit a patch - I just propose reconsidering the old
posting which had one. I incorporated the fix in math.h. Here's the original
posting: