WIN2K service pack 2 kills BASH

Hello

I've been running cygwin b20 for ages and basically, what I want from it
is its bash shell and the gnu readline command interface. Yesterday I
installed the Service pack 2 for win2k on my machine, and suddenly the
bash.exe is nolonger able to take keyboard input.

So I thought, I'll need to upgrade to latest Cygwin, and downloaded and
installed 1.3.2 release, but the SAME THING happens, starting the bash
just beeps.
I get the prompt
bash-2.05$
pushing  the keyboar just produces beeps and then I have to kill the
window.

Does anybody have a solution to this? (Besides no-use-complaining to
Microsoft)

Thanks
/Jakob

Please reply to me. mailto:Jakob.Heinemann@writeme.com