Re: Question- bell

Julie,

If you "zoom out" a bit in the man page you're reading, you'll see that
you're reading about the functionality of the readline library linked with
BASH.

That implies that this setting must be made in your "~/.inputrc" file. Note
also that this setting is effected with the "set" command, so the line you
need to add to your .inputrc file is this:

set bell-style none

Lastly, note that depending on your audio hardware, you might be able to
make a separate adjustment for the headphone port (i.e., assuming there's a
separate output channel for your headphones).

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA