RE: French keyboard

>   Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 15:25:44 +0200
>   From: Jerome Benoit <JGMBenoit@wanadoo.fr>
>
>   Have you tried to play with `keyb' command in DOS console
>   (e.g. `keyb /?') ?  On Win98SE, I get Configure a keyboard for a
>   specific language. (....)
>
>Following your suggestion, I  tried to do this, but without success.
>DOS simply did not understand the command.
>
>This problem is forcing me to deal with Windows Me and DOS. Since the
>whole point of Cygnus is to allow PC users to avoid doing exactly
>this, I have decided to stop this attempt to use Cygnus.

I have and English keyboard, set to english-int, because I need spanish symbols, like ρασ.
Just have to add a language to Control panel/keyboard/properties, set to USA-101 and use as default.
When I need symbols (ρασ), just switch the language with a two-keys shortcut (alt-left-shift).

May be your keyboard has a different place for some keys, which can made this impractical, as you have to know where are
that keys in the english keyboard, but this works, and you don't have to use DOS.

Nicolay