Re: French keyboard

VARDI Ilan wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a Windows Millenium computer bought in France and which has a
> French keyboard and a French version of the operating system.
> However, I am mostly using an external American keyboard.
>
> I just downloaded Cygwin to my computer and the resulting shell echoes
> French (azerty) characters. After some investigation, I have found that
> the DOS command window is also always in AZERTY, despite control panel
> settings to QWERTY. Thus, one concludes that Cygwin applies the default
> DOS window.

For DOS I guess you have to look in the `c:\autoexec.bat' in the Windows root
directory:
In mine I read:

mode con codepage select=850
keyb uk,,c\windows\COMMAND\keyboard.sys

I guess that your get a similar line:
so you can try to set a new keyboard by modifying this line and reboot your
computer.

I hope that helps,
Jerome BENOIT