Re: Possible bug? Re: Strange behaviour when closing cygwin

# >>>Once pressed the key sequence seems to get
# >>>stored and is only
# >>
# >>It's a W2K "feature" which is related to starting Cygwin via a batch
# >>file.  You can't change that AFAIK.
#
# You can generalize Corinna's message from W2K to Windows.
# It's a Windows feature.

I'm using Cygwin (just got the latest version this week,
but I had a slightly earlier version since earlier this
year) on Windows 95 OSR 2 and have never experienced this
probem at any time.  I can start a bash shell, press
ctrl-c any number of times I like in whatever circumstances
I want, and then type logout and the bash window vanishes
forthwith, sans passing go or collecting $200.

I *do* have a problem where if a cygwin window (whether
bash or somethinge else doesn't seem to matter) is in
the _foreground_ while wincron launches another process,
the cygwin window will stop responding.  (Asicutil2 is
what gets blamed as "[Not Responding]" in the Close
Program dialogue box.)  Is this an unrelated problem,
possibly a wincron problem?  It only happens when
cygwin is in the foreground when the new process is
launched; if anything else has the focus it doesn't
happen.

The nature of the launched process is probably not
important; it's usually a batch file (because that's
what I usually launch from wincron).  Also, the
launched process generally doesn't *do* anything
except sit in the taskbar until I kill off
asicutil2, at which point the new launched process
does whatever it was going to do.

-- jonadab