Re: setup 2.57 question

Karl M wrote:

> Hi All...
>
> When I use the new setup (very nice now), I have one question...automake,
> mutt, ncftp, perl, popt and wget don't get installed, but they used to. It
> looks like they are labeled as experimental--is that the correct
> classification?

Well, "correct" is a relative term...

Currently, the ncftp, popt, and wget directories contain only a single
version, and that version is labeled experimental.  That means that they
will not get installed (or displayed) by default.  You have to click on
the "Exp" radio button, and then they will show up, and then you can
install them.

However, I suppose it's time to remove the experimental tag -- I haven't
received any <more> complaints about the behavior of those three
packages.  I just forgot to mark them "current" once my self-imposed
"beta-test" period ended.

I dunno about perl, mutt, or automake; those aren't "my" packages.

--Chuck