AW: UNIX-socket problems under cygwin 1.3.2

> RH> I have figured out another problem on cygwin 1.3.2. On ported
> kde 1.1.2 unix
> RH> sockets doesn't work right. The function accept() returns an
> error. Starting
> RH> this application under cygwin 1.1.8-2 it works. Starting the
> app with strace
> RH> or gdb works.
>
> RH> Does anyone have some hints ?
>
> if you'd be more specific of what error accept() returns, or tell when
> it returns an error -- when called, or on incoming connection, or even
> (gasp) provide a testcase, someone surely may help.

I have found this

socket(PF_UNIX,SOCK_STREAM,0) = 5
connect(5,unix_addr.sun_path=/tmp//kfm_1002_1068BRAMSCHE_0.0,size)=okay
later
newsock = accept (sock, (struct sockaddr *) &clientname, &size))
Error accepting (UNIX) sock = 5 new_sock=-1 errno=113

It is curious, that if starting this app (kpanel) like below, no errors
occurres.

 	strace kpanel >/dev/null

It seems to me, that there are some correlations between strace printing
code and functionality of some cygwin_accept() sub functions. Perhaps some
statements are only executed while stracing.

If you need some additional informations tell me and I will look.

Regards
Ralf