Problems with Apache 1.3.20

My environment:

	cygwin DLL 1.3.2 and utilities current to 5/24/2001
	Win2K SP1

Apache 1.3.20 seems to _build_ OK, but I'm seeing numerous errors in the
'make install' like the following:

cp: `./src/httpd' and `/usr/local/apache/bin/inst.1564' are the same file
strip: /usr/local/apache/bin/inst.1564: No such file or directory
chmod: /usr/local/apache/bin/inst.1564: No such file or directory
mv: /usr/local/apache/bin/inst.1564: No such file or directory

But, the 'make install' reports that it completed successfully.

When I try to run

	/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start

I initially get an error:

	/usr/local/apche/bin/apachectl: /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd: No such file or directory
	/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

I found httpd.exe still in my src directory from the build and copied over to
/usr/local/apache/bin, but then I get:

	httpd: bad user name nobody

I see from the comments in httpd.conf that this may need to be changed, so I
change the user to an Administrator on my machine.

I attempt to start again, and it says that it starts, but I get:

	[date] [alert] httpd: Could not determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.0.1 for ServerName
	/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start: httpd started

And, it does seem to be running, but I can't connect to it.

When I'm doing this testing, I don't have any network interfaces running.

I have to admit being new to Apache configuration.  Are there some other things
I'll need to change in httpd.conf to make this work?  I'll play around a bit
and see what I can figure out...

In the meantime, it still seems like I've got some problems above.  I've
searched the email list archives and didn't find any help there.

Thanks.

-Jordan Henderson
jordan@greenapple.com