Re: ANN: JDE 2.2.7.1 available at ...

On Thursday 24 May 01, Paul Kinnucan writes:
> Anyway, since you find these announcements, which are relatively rare
> considering the volume of traffic on this list, obnoxious, I will no longer
> announce JDE releases on this list. This is too bad because the JDE and
> Cygwin together provide a powerful and FREE alternative to commercial Java
> development tools, are widely used together, and therefore stand to benefit
> from mutual promotion and cooperation by their developers.

JDE is great.  That said...

I like being notified of JDE releases, but that's what jde-announce is
for, right?  It bugs me to see the same announcements on the ntemacs-users,
xemacs-nt, and cygwin lists.

If the point of the cross-posting is to raise awareness (i.e., to
reach those who aren't already familiar with JDE), then perhaps you
could (at least) cut down on the frequency.

Even then, in my opinion -- which you are free to ignore -- it's only
on-topic for the [x]emacs lists, not cygwin.

Regards,
David