Re: CygWin file access puzzle

Thanks, but now back to my question...in other installations on win2k
machines, things worked just fine if I did nothing to the cygwin variable
(just accepted the defaults). Later, when I set CYGWIN=tty ntsec, then I got
the added features.

But now...I had this problem, and because of one of the replies I got, I set
the CYGWIN=tty ntsec ntea binmode title case_check:strict, as an experiment.
the ls command then worked correctly.

So...I'm puzzled as to why this fixed it.

(C: is FAT, other drives are NTFS on a NT4.0 SP6 box.)

Thanks,

...Karl