Re: Setup errors in gmp-3.1.1 under cygwin-1.3.1-1

I have only one version of the cygwin1.dll, from the distribution 1.3.1-1. Is it the latest? Some more info about the problem:
- if I close and restart cygwin make fails at the same point.
- if I reboot the PC and start cygwin again the make goes further. A couple of hours later it runs out of the resources again with similar error messages.
- later in the make the gcc linker is called. The command is about 18 lines long. This crashes not only cygwin, but Windows 98, too. So badly that I have to switch the PC off, wait minutes before I can restart it.

I guess that from some windows resources not enough are allocated or they are not freed correctly after their usage. Is there a way to control the resource allocation?

Thanks
Laszlo

Please respond to cygwin@cygwin.com@SMTP