Running shell scripts from Win NT (Ant)

I want to execute a shell script from Windows NT in 'batch mode' (via Ant
actually) and I am having problems in that I try to execute a bash command
followed by the shell script name and parameters but cygwin seems to do
nothing.

To test that I can just run bash and a command on the command line I tried:

C:\>bash echo 'hello'
echo: /usr/bin/echo: No such file or directory

Now I know that the echo.exe. is in the cygwin/bin directory. How does
cygwin pick this up ?

Actually what I want to do is:

bash myShellScript.sh aaa bbb ccc     (where aaa, bbb, ccc are parameters)

and run this via Ant.

I have looked through the archives and the FAQ but haven't found an answer
to my problem.

Can anyone out there help me ?