Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygwin-1.3.2, w32api-20010520

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Tue, May 22, 2001 at 07:53:28PM +0400, Andrej Borsenkow wrote:
>
>>This release fixed a problem we had with zsh tests that were using pty.
>>Thank you.
>>

> Huh.  Interesting.  Was this the problem with O_NOCTTY?  I am surprised that
> this would actually work correctly.

No. O_NOCTTY was internally fixed by not using it on Cygwin :-)

There were three groups of tests that were using pty, each run in a
separate zsh invocation (Y01completion.ztst, Y02compmatch.ztst,
Y03arguments.ztst). When run from within make in `make check', second
and third group failed with obvious reason that nothing was read from
master side of pty. If I run each one separately, everything worked.
Additional problem was, that cleanup of failed test failed as well -
there remained hung zsh attached to pty slave in state `I' (as reported
by ps).

It may be possible that some change in zsh fixed it but I do not
remember anything directly related.

-andrej