Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: rxvt-2.7.2-3

Steve O wrote:

> I updated rxvt to 2.7.2-3.
>
> This version should fix the problem with rebuilding and
> hopefully not crash on NT.

Seems to fix the NT problem.  I can set DISPLAY=:0, run this rxvt, and
it works.  I can then set DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0, (start my Xserver), run
this rxvt, and it works.  No problems.

A request: is it possible to add a command-line option to FORCE native
or x behavior, regardless of the DISPLAY setting?

  rxvt --force-x11 ...
  rxvt --force-w11 ...

(without these options, intuit x11/w11 based on DISPLAY env setting).

I ask for this feature because I like to mix'n'match between native and
X-based rxvt.  So, I have two shortcuts -- one to the X-based rxvt and
one to the (original) rxvt-noX from io.com/~bub.  It would be nice to
use the new, official, rxvt for both shortcuts -- but shortcuts can't
set env variables (unless they really run a cmd window, set the env var,
and THEN start the target, but that defeats the purpose.  You'd be stuck
with a DOSbox hanging around.  So, a command-line option would be
helpful, here.

--Chuck