AW: New version of cygwin-mount.el

> >>How large is this?  Would it make sense to have it as part of the standard
> >>cygwin installation?  I'm an emacs illiterate
> >>so I don't know if this makes sense or not.
> >
> >The cygwin-mount.el packages has about 25 KB.
> >IMHO it makes really sense for all Users of the NT-version of GNU Emacs
> >(For XEmacs i think this is not necessary, because there is a well working
> >cygwin-port of XEmacs, so there is no need for this), which want all the
> >power to work with cygwin-path-styles and the cygwin-mountpoints within
> >their NT-Emacs as if it would be normal NT-style paths.
> >To make a long story short: For all NT Emacs and Cygwin-users it makes a lot
> >of sense to add this to the standard-installation for the sake to make the
> >package best available.
> >I see one problem: The cygwin-mount.el must not be installed in the normal
> >cygwin-installation package directories or somewhere in the cygwin-tree but
> >it must be installed in the installation-tree of NT-Emacs, means in a certain
> >directory of the NT-Emacs installation. Is this possible with the cygwin-setup-
> >process??
>
> It should be possible.  setup could extract the files to a
> temporary location and
> then run a script which would move the file to the correct
> location.  The problem
> is figuring out the correct location, though.  How would we do that?

This should be not so difficult:
NTEmacs stores in the Registry of NT (Win9X, Millenium analogous) under
the key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/GNU/Emacs/emacs_dir" the root
directory where NTEmacs is installed, e.g. D:\Programs\Editor\Emacs.
The cygwin-setup-script could read this directory and add "site-lisp"
and then store cygwin-mount.el in the resulting directory.
If the "site-lisp§ subdir does not exist it can savely create it.
Example:
Root-directory of NTEmacs from Registry: D:\Programs\Editor\Emacs
Then the script should store cygwin-mount.el in
D:\Programs\Editor\Emacs\site-lisp.

Would this be possible?

Klaus