inetutils & setup RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: inetutils-1.3.2-12

> When updating inetutils, take care that inetd.exe and subsequent
> processes don't run anymore.

Quite true!
I happened to update my system before getting this mail
and it barfed on cygwin1.dll & inetd.exe because the
inetd service was running.

net stop inetd
run setup
net start inetd

did the trick, it knew that inetutils & the cygwin1.dll
package upgrade hadn't succeeded when the inetd service
was running and just reloaded loaded thoses two packages.

I might help if setup warned the inetd should be shutdown
before running it.

I'm not sure if the new inetutils have helped, or my other setup
changes have helped, but I can now get telnetd & ftpd & rlogind to work,
but only if I *don't* run them as a service. If I just run
inetd at a command line it works ok, but if I run it as a service
the all I get is connection refused.
AND I can't figure out how to get debug output from inetd started
as a service, any ideas?

in.rshd gets started and dies immediately. How do I get rshd to
let me know what it doesn't like?

Thanks, Mark

mailto:cygwin@cygwin.com
Red Hat, Inc.