Problems using cron/crontab w. W2k

I've posted a letter to this list a week ago about cron and crontab prolems but no one has responded yet so I'm trying once again. Maybe this is a real newbee question and there is tons of solutions in the FAQ but please let me know if that's the case, I've been looking but haven't found any solution.

I'm running into problems trying to start cron as a service on my Windows 2000 professional system aswell as running crontab in cygwin.

I've installed the resource kit and the srvany.exe so I should be able to run cron as a NT service but it terminates without any errors. Now, that's not my biggest problems since I'm able to start cron from within cygwin, the fact that I can't run crontab is.

Initially, when I tried to run crontab I got the 2245 Unrecoverable error after the request for a password. Without any real intervention on my part I now get "crontab: Unrecoverable error 1351" when I try to start it.

Snip...
# ps -ef|grep cron
 eraddla    2116       1  -1    May  7 /usr/local/sbin/cron
# crontab
crontab: Unrecoverable error 1351.
Snip...

Isn't there any one out there who can tell me what I've done wrong or haven't done? Please help!

Thanks in advance,

///David