Re: Entry Point Not Found

From: "Christopher Dale Campbell" <DaleCampbell@revolutionist.com>

> Both versions, as well as any programs (compiled by me or not) work
> just fine.  Could this be a problem with only Windows2000 (or NT)?

What are your security settings on the cygwin directories? You might want to
grant r/w to Everyone recursively for the whole tree. Also, watch for any
/tmp or other directories. In many cases, C:\ directories will default out
to Everyone, but on other drives, the directory is owned by the creator, and
not other users have write permissions.

Win2000 has tightened the security up; my gut feeling is a PowerUser on 2000
== a User on NT4.0, and a User on 2000 is lucky to be able to log on and
read anything.

There are also issues with Users accessing raw sockets that I have not been
able to resolve on 2000; there was a registry hack on NT, but it doesn't do
the trick on 2000.

You can also modify the security profiles, but you need to know what you are
doing. Also, if you are on a LAN, in many cases the Domain security profile
will override anything you try to do on the local machine.

Good luck. We aren't using cygwin, but the NutCracker (DataFocus) / SCO
XVision tools, and the migration from NT4.0 to 2000 has been, er,
interesting so far.