PL/Python Postgresql 7.1.1 under Cygwin

Hi,
me again... this is what I wrote:
> I tried to build also the plpython so I could write my trigger functions
in
> Python. But the Makefile is not very adapted. I don't know how to call
> dlltool, etc. I'll try to copy the tcl one and adapt it. I hope it'll
help.

now I did it, so I wanted to ask
1. if somebody could merge my makefile with the original one
2. put the plpython into the postgres source tree 'pl' (as experimental or
whatever)

I have not much experience with Makefiles.

The attached Makefile is the one I used. The other file is the complete
plpython package I picked up I don't remember where.

Notes of my makefile:
1. the 2nd and third overrides may to seem necessarry. I think ./configure
could create this makefile. We need to know the Includedir and python
version.
2. The first override (CFLAGS) removes a lot of compiler warnings. So I
leave it in.
3. I don't know what the -fPIC is for. Under Win32 it is ignored.
4. In the SHLIB_LINK line the -lpython2.1 could be created with ./configure
again. I had to add the -L/usr/bin because under cygwin 1.31 I have the
libpython2.1.dll in the /usr/bin directory no the /usr/lib.
5. I still didn't try the dll so perhaps it doesn't work.

Best regards,
Erny
Spain

Makefile.dat