Re: Brainstorming a fix for CTRL-C handling in an emacs shell buf fer (non-TTY)

On Sun, May 06, 2001 at 10:16:38PM -0600, Troy Noble wrote:
>Christopher,
>
>Looks like t->getpgid() is OK,  it's the
>
>   t->getpgid () != myself->pid
>
>that's causing the behavior... and I think I understand why
>now.  Thanks for leading me in the right direction.
>
>What do you think about the patch below for exceptions.cc
>instead?  No extra environment variables required this time ;->

You're still fixing the symptom rather than the problem.

If the program doesn't have a controlling tty then t->getpgid should be
zero.  If it isn't zero, then I want to know why it isn't zero.

>to kill other non-cygwin child processes (like java.exe for example)
>when running bash in a shell buffer.  They probably had CYGWIN=tty
>set.  You probably already knew that,

No, I didn't know that.  It's difficult to understand why anyone would
do something that dumb.  If they do, they get what they paid for.

Or, rather, I guess I'll get what they paid for because then they'll
send email whining about cygwin instabilities.

cgf