Re: Installing the Cygwin Ultility

#1. Don't "download and unzip".  Use the setup.exe tool on the
http://www.cygwin.com/ page to install cygwin.  Setup will automatically
download and install the necessary system components, create the
required registry entries, and create Start Menu shortcuts for a quick
start with the cygwin system.

#2. After running setup, double click the Cygwin shortcut on your
desktop.  Welcome to bash.  You are now running a Real Unix Shell(tm)
and can begin doing all those things you are used to on a Unix system.
Compile stuff using gcc.  Run Mutt for mail.  etc.

--Chuck