Re: FW: ssh -- you don't exist, go away!

That did it.

Thanks for all the replies.

btw & fwiw I am logged  into NT 4 as default 'Administrator' user.  I
created entries in /etc/passwd for both 'administrator' and
'Administrator'.  It was 'administrator' that got picked up as being my
user in the bash shell.

-- Curt