Slow down when keypressed?

Hello,
I looked in the faq and ml archives for that but I couldnt find anything.
I'm running windows 98 and latest cygwin net release. The problem is when
i hold a key down in cygwin, all console apps slow down dramatically, for
example I hold the page down key in vi and I can watch the lines falling
on my screen (cpu load about 99%), if I release the key, vi scrolls fast
as ever...

I think it's not a cygwin problem but a win98 one, because some other
win32 console apps (especially the half-life dedicated server) show the
same behaviour, thats not only on mine machine, but on all win98 machines
I tried (friends, at school). I wonder if this problem really isn't known,
or where is a solution for it.

	Matze