need two different cygwin1.dll files (1.1.1 and 1.3.1 versions) concurrently -- how to do this?

Hi;

  I am responsible for building a software product using the xscale-elf gcc
compiler library witch uses cygwin.  I believe that the version of the
cygwin1.dll is 1.1.1.  I am using the newest cygwin1.dll from the
sources.redhat.com/cygwin for my main cygwin environment, which is version
1.3.1.  If I have both cygwin1.dll files on the system, the make from the
xscale-elf gcc compiler kit complains about conflicting cygwin1.dll files.
If I delete the cygwin1.dll from the xscale-elf compiler kit, then the
binaries that come with xscale-elf have to work correctly under the 1.3.1
version of the cygwin1.dll file.  If I delete the 1.3.1 version of the
cygwin1.dll file and move the cygwin1.dll file from the xscale-elf
installation site to the location of the 1.3.1 cygwin1.dll, then the current
cygwin environment won't work because the dll is old.

  What is the solution to this problem?

  1> Upgrade to a version of xscale-elf that is compatible with the 1.3.1
version of cygwin1.dll? (Unlikely to happen)...

  2> Find a cygwin environment that is compatible with the 1.1.1 version of
cygwin1.dll? (Where is such an old version of cygwin? On the discontinued
cd-rom?)

Thanks in advance for the help,
Ken

--