Symbol link trouble ?

  I have a big problem if I try to redefine an existing symbolic link
within cygwin environment.
(I just downloaded the new cygwin version, but it
does not seem to cure the problem)

To illustrate the problem, I wrote a little script (file 'test' below)
It does not seem to depend on the
shell used
"sh test" and "bash test"
give the same result.

rm test.h
echo "First" > first.h
echo "Second" > second.h
echo "Creating test.h as a link to first.h"
ln -s first.h test.h
ls -l *.h
echo "Removing test.h"
rm test.h
ls -l *.h
echo "Recreating test.h as a link to second.h"
ln -s second.h test.h
ls -l *.h
echo "cat test.h"
cat test.h
echo "cat second.h"
cat second.h

What is really strange is that
the test.h.lnk file that is on disk (and can be seem on normal Dos box)
does indeed contain the correct name of second.h
but Cygwin programs seem to still think that the link is to first.h

Does cygwin DLL hold some kind of cache for links that does not get updated
properly here ?

Secondary questions:
   are these cygwin links supposed to be Win95 compatible ?
Because the Windows file explorer does tell em
that these files are Shortcuts
but the destination file is empty if I Right klick on the file and select
properties!
(This is already the case of a symbolic link only defined once)

    If this problem is not reproducable on other win95 boxes
I can send my 'cygcheck -rsv' output, but I already check that there is
only one cygwin DLL
version (major 1003 minor 1), but as I already told,
this problem was preexisting.

Pierre Muller
Institut Charles Sadron
6,rue Boussingault
F 67083 STRASBOURG CEDEX (France)
mailto:muller@ics.u-strasbg.fr
Phone : (33)-3-88-41-40-07  Fax : (33)-3-88-41-40-99