Re: May need a ghostscript maintainer

Hello from the ghostscript maintainer. Due to the fact that I
was recently part of the "restructuring" happening here in
Silicon Valley, I've been playing catch up on the mailing list.
All of my cygwin stuff was on my NT4 laptop which stayed at the
company. I'm currently running Win98 from home and will need
to start all over from scratch with cygwin.

So, here's my response.

1) If someone else volunteers to be the ghostscript maintainer,
   I will defer to that person.

2) In lieu of #1, I will attempt to use Norman Vines process to
   create an X-less ghostscript. (as soon as I can get cygwin
   installed again) One quick question, Norman Vines procedure
   creates a ghostscript that doesn't allow you to view the files.
   Is that agreeable as a distribution?

3) Move the ghostscript over to the contrib section of the xfree86
   distribution.

--Kevin