Re: dbm.h reserved word.

The gdbm package is not necessarily set up for use with C++. When you
name a souce file with the .cpp extension, it automatically goes into
g++ mode, which causes cpp to include a bunch of other header files
(worse, C++ has a keyword called "delete").

Both of the following compile:
1) rename main.cpp to main.c, compile as before ('gcc -o -c main.o
main.c')
2) modify the file as follows:
extern "C" {
#define delete dbm_delete
#include <dbm.h>
#undef delete
}
int main (void)
{
  return 0;
}

Of course, for #2, you'd have to explicitly call "dbm_delete" in your
application code when you want to remove a key from the dbm database,
and use the "delete" keyword when you want to free an unused object.
(You can't use the #define hack in your application code, or you'll
conflate those two operations)

--Chuck