Re: permissioning on samba-mounted drive

On Sat, Apr 21, 2001 at 11:49:11AM +0200, Adrian Phillips wrote:
>    >> Have you looked at the new version of Samba, Corinna?  They've
>    >> apparently made some improvements in this regard.
>
>    Corinna> Not yet. I heard rumours but I was under the impression
>    Corinna> that ACLs are only supported fully if the server system
>    Corinna> supports them as well (as Solaris).
>
>Correct, and the "new" version is still alpha so I don't believe many
>people will be overly interested in running it yet (although of course
>it would be interesting to see how it works with Cygwin),

I just scanned the press release page for Samba 2.2.0.  The word "alpha"
does not show up anywhere:

http://us1.samba.org/samba/whatsnew/samba2.2.press.html

I'm not sure what your point is anyway.  I didn't say "If everyone drops
the older version and uses the newer then all problems will be magically
solved."  I was wondering if the new version solved any problems, which
is something that we need to know.

cgf