RE: help: Glib under Cygwin

That would only impact newlib surely? I mean, AFAIK, if glibc was ported
wouldn't large chunks of cygwin still be essential? (Console handlers,
pipes, sockets, file io, threads, win32 security mapping just for
starters...)

> However, aren't we talking about 'glib' not 'glibc'?

I think David was mislead by one of the early posters jump from glib to
glibc. And David then went to do the "right thing" by cygwin, and got
jumped on. This sort of negative feedback isn't very beneficial....

Rob