CGI & gcc

Hello,

I'm running Apache 1.3.14 under NT4.0
I want to write CGI using gcc but I have a problem.
My 'Hello World.' test program failed because the cygwin1.dll was not in the
path.
I copied it to c:\winnt\system32.
The test worked.
Running the test again the browser informed me I had initiated a download of
cgitest.exe
and the test no longer worked.
If I remove cygwin1.dll from the path and start again this sequence is
repeatable.
Python and Perl scripts are working fine as are .exe files compiled with
Delphi.
This problem seems quite specific to executables which require the
cygwin1.dll

Greg Hamilton