Re: gmake

>>Dear cygwin expert:
>>I recently installed cygwin on my Windows 2000. I would like to install
>>cygwin's gmake also. Where do I find this utility? Does it work with
>>automake?
>>Any help is appreciated.

gmake doesn't really exist as a utility.
It's a short for GNU make, "the" make utility of Cygwin, as
opposed to all other sorts of make utilities.
On machines that have their native make (like Suns) sysadmins
often rename GNU make to become gmake.
On Cygwin that's not really necessary, unless you must use Borland's make
and GNU make at the same time...

HTH,
Dmitrii