Re: Licensing

> Actually, we're not making any changes to either OpenLDAP or
> Cygwin. We just want to link the two into the same executable.

I assume, then, that OpenLDAP builds under cygwin "out of the box".

> As far as i can tell from some amateur legal research, because the
> OpenLDAP license is not GPL-compatible, it would not be legal to do
> this without your special clause.

Right.  But, you are still required to follow the OSD when
distributing your binary, even though the OpenLDAP license doesn't
require it.

> So i just wanted to make sure that using OpenLDAP in this way
> qualifies for the clause.

Sounds like it.  Of course, if you link other things in also, the
situation changes.

I think the fact that the OpenLDAP license is listed under
"GPL-incompatible, Free Software Licenses" implies that the exception
applies.  If it fell into the "Non-Free Software Licenses" section,
the exception probably wouldn't apply.