Re: "Lock count exceeded" in mutt

Corinna,

* Corinna Vinschen <cygwin@cygwin.com> [010405 23:34]:
> On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 05:59:11PM +0900, Madoka Machitani wrote:
> > FYI.  I'm running fetchmail, procmail and mutt, all of which compiled
> > almost OOTB under Cygwin 1.1.8.  OS is Win98 with FAT32 partition.
>
> Are you interested to become the maintainer for the Cygwin versions
> of fetchmail, procmail and mutt? I would like to put your versions
> (just checked for a correct directory configuration) into the Cygwin
> distribution.

What a great offer!  I've never dreamt of that.

To tell the truth, however, I'm not a programmer, I'm quite new to
Cygwin, and I've had no exposure to the UNIX environment at all (NT
eigher.)  So I it might be a difficult thing.

> > As for Mutt, problems around permissions were solved by excluding dotlock
> > related things:
> > (1) Comment out these two lines.
> >     #define USE_DOTLOCK 1
> >     #define DL_STANDALONE 1
> >     ("./configure --disable-external_dotlock" doesn't seem to undef them.)
>
> You could change that in configure.in. Shouldn't be too hard.
>
> > (2) Remove every occurence of "mutt_dotlock", "dotlock.c",
> >     "$(mutt_dotlock_SOURCES)", "$(mutt_dotlock_OBJECTS)" from Makefile.
>
> Makefile.in?

Another problem is, I don't know anything about the language used in
(configure|Makefile)\.in.

But I'll give it a try.  I'll go to my Univ's library tomorrow.  If all
seems to go well, I'll send a report to this list.

Thanks, anyway.

--
Madoka Machitani <madokam@dd.iij4u.or.jp>
Doshisha University, Kyoto, Japan.  Faculty of Letters