Re: sftp

On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 05:05:16PM +0200, Ronald Hecht wrote:

> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 03:10:57PM +0200, Ronald Hecht wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > anyone solved the sftp problems?
> > >
> > > If I do "ls" it shows the directory, but hangs up after this.
> >
> > Could you please try the latest OpenSSH-2.5.2p2-3 version
> > which I uploaded yesterday. It should have arrived on the
> > mirrors already.
> >

> I have the latest version, but I'm wondering about the remote software
> version OpenSSH2.3.0_p1 in this package. I got this info with -v option.
> The behaviour seems to depend on how the sshd is invoced - inetd or
> srvany. Whith inetd after ls it hangs and whith srvany it hangs
> immediately after log on.

Apparently you haven't installed everything correctly.
If the remote sshd reports version OpenSSH2.3.0_p1 you
didn't update the sshd or you have started another
version which still is on your system. Does your inetd.conf
contain a path /usr/local/sbin/sshd, perhaps?

Did you stop sshd before updating? Otherwise setup cannot
replace sshd.

Are you sure having not another cygwin1.dll on your system?

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.