Re[3]: mount command and text/binary mode

Hi Inc),

>>LHRPI> Can you give an example and provide the output of cygcheck -s -r -v on the
>>LHRPI> system from which you ran the example?
>>I just upgrade, and some things change, but problem is still there :/

LHRPI> And the example that shows the problem?

I notice problem witch patch command (when I was use
patch -p1 <file.patch

Modiffied files was in have \r\n (but before modiffication they was
used regular \n - patch also was in unix format)

I check right now and this is working now (probably upgrade helps).

Another thing was mine program (it was waiting for stdin and sends
encrypted file to output) in command line works correctly, but from
tcl interpreter it isn't.

Procedure for encrypting/decrypting looks like (Main(blowfish) is just
patch to file):
proc bfenc {key filein fileout} {
        variable Main

        set length [file size $filein]
        set in [open $filein RDONLY]
        fconfigure $in -blocking 1 -buffering full -translation binary
        binary scan [read $in $length] H* file
        close $in

        if [catch {open "|$Main(blowfish) 0 $length >$fileout" WRONLY} blowfish] {
                error "Can't execute $Main(blowfish): $blowfish"
        } else {
                fconfigure $blowfish -blocking 1 -buffering full -translation binary
                puts $blowfish $key
                puts -nonewline $blowfish [binary format H* $file]
                close $blowfish
        }
}

proc bfdec {key filein fileout} {
        variable Main

        set length [file size $filein]
        set in [open $filein RDONLY]
        fconfigure $in -blocking 1 -buffering full -translation binary
        binary scan [read $in $length] H* file
        close $in

        if [catch {open "|$Main(blowfish) 1 $length >$fileout" WRONLY} blowfish] {
                error "Can't execute $Main(blowfish): $blowfish"
        } else {
                fconfigure $blowfish -blocking 1 -buffering full -translation binary
                puts $blowfish $key
                puts -nonewline $blowfish [binary format H* $file]
                close $blowfish
        }
}
Can't somebody figure out where is error? or maybe is something with
tcl? :(((

>>   615k 2001/01/31 C:\CygWin\bin\cygwin1.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
>>                   "cygwin1.dll" v0.0 ts=2001/1/31 7:08
>>     Cygwin DLL version info:
>>         dll major: 1001
>>         dll minor: 8
>>         dll epoch: 19
>>         dll bad signal mask: 19005
>>         dll old termios: 5
>>         dll malloc env: 28
>>         api major: 0
>>         api minor: 34
>>         shared data: 3
>>         dll identifier: cygwin1
>>         mount registry: 2
>>         cygnus registry name: Cygnus Solutions
>>         cygwin registry name: Cygwin
>>         program options name: Program Options
>>         cygwin mount registry name: mounts v2
>>         cygdrive flags: cygdrive flags
>>         cygdrive prefix: cygdrive prefix
>>         cygdrive default prefix:
>>         build date: Wed Jan 31 10:08:38 EST 2001
>>         shared id: cygwin1S3
>>
>>   615k 2001/01/31 c:\COMMAND\cygwin1.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
>>                   "cygwin1.dll" v0.0 ts=2001/1/31 7:08
>>     Cygwin DLL version info:
>>         dll major: 1001
>>         dll minor: 8
>>         dll epoch: 19
>>         dll bad signal mask: 19005
>>         dll old termios: 5
>>         dll malloc env: 28
>>         api major: 0
>>         api minor: 34
>>         shared data: 3
>>         dll identifier: cygwin1
>>         mount registry: 2
>>         cygnus registry name: Cygnus Solutions
>>         cygwin registry name: Cygwin
>>         program options name: Program Options
>>         cygwin mount registry name: mounts v2
>>         cygdrive flags: cygdrive flags
>>         cygdrive prefix: cygdrive prefix
>>         cygdrive default prefix:
>>         build date: Wed Jan 31 10:08:38 EST 2001
>>         shared id: cygwin1S3
>>
>>Use -h to see help about each section

LHRPI> Get rid of one of these.  Never keep duplicate cygwin1.dlls on your system.

ok :)

>>LHRPI> Try mount -b -s <the rest of the line>
>>It works, thank you.
>>Because of this:
>>"usage mount [-bfstux] <win32path> <posixpath>"
>>I understand syntax incorrectly.
LHRPI> Yes, this is a "bug".

PS: Please write my mail in CC: (I'm not subscribed in list)
--
Best Regards,
 TaKeDa                            mailto:takeda@chore.swiaty.pl