RE: Batch files

You'll have to educate me on PATHEXT.

The windows command 'start' will invoke the proper program based upon a
files extension. Unfortunately, start doesn't work under cygwin.

The magic I was referring to doing was in a normal Unix environment (of
which cygwin would qualify).

Glen Coakley, Sr. Software Engineer
MQSoftware Inc., (763) 543-4845
Have you ever wonder what happens when you run "rm -rf / " but been afraid
to try it?