Windows XP, Permissions and SSH

Hi...

Has anyone here played with Windows XP (Whistler Build 2458) and Cygwin yet?
I noticed some really funky permissions related problems.  As usual, Cygwin
is installed on an NTFS partition and my environment has CYGWIN=ntsec.

I change the default cygwin file permissions (chown -R
administrators.administrators /; chmod -R og-w /; chmod -R a+rwxt /tmp;
chmod -R mike.administrators /home/mike).

After running ssh-host-config, I change the ownership of the host key files
(chown system.system /etc/ssh_host*_key).

As soon as I run ssh anything, I get a bad ownership mode for the host keys
(should be 0600)...  Hehe... they are.

So, I changed the permissions back to defaults (chown -R
administrators.administrators /; chmod -R 777 /) and removed the ntsec
designator from the CYGWIN variable and rebooted.

Now, I can log into my Cygwin ssh server without issue.  I can also connect
from my Cygwin box to other ssh servers without issue.

Please note: I'm only posting this as an FYI... I'm not looking for a fix or
anything, especially since Windows XP is still in beta.

Interestingly, though, going through the Cygwin files through Windows
Explorer, even though ssh_host_key was owned by system.system and had 0600
permissions, the file showed that Everyone, Mike and Users had "Special
Permissions" including Read, Read attributes, . . .

Other than that, though, Windows XP is pretty cool.

-ME