Apache and MySQL

Hi

I have managed to get Perl in Cygwin talking to my MySQL server when I run
the script from the command line, but I cannot get the script to work when
I run it from the browser connecting to Apache.  All I ever get is the error :
DBI->connect(database=test;host=<my hostname>) failed: Can't create IP
socket (1)

I really don't know what could be causing this...does anyone have any ideas
why it would work from the command line but not from apache?  Other scripts
run fine, it's just ones that connect to the MySQL server that fail.

Thanks

Grahame
=======