Re: Please help with cygwin problems]

Tim, and others,

       I think my problems previously were due mostly to getting the "src"
tar files when I hadn't wanted them.  I hadn't realized that checking the
boxes on the package list in the popup windows setup.exe provides means you
are requesting source code.  I thought it meant you're requesting that
package be downloaded, period.  Once I realized how to request only
executables, not source, things downloaded in a reasonable amount of time
and I've been able to do the install.

                                    Thanks,

                                    Richard Raimi