RE: col missing from cygwin

Brad,

If you look in the file /usr/lib/man.conf, you will find the
following note:

# Useful paths - note that COL should not be defined when
# NROFF is defined as "groff -Tascii" or "groff -Tlatin1";
# not only is it superfluous, but it actually damages the output.
#

This is the reason that the path for col is commented out. I have
tried with col (that I compiled) and didn't see any improvement,
so I commented out again.

--Kevin