Re: ./configure problem

Andy,

The line "echo > confdefs.h" is not my creation, autoconf includes it in
almost every configure script it makes. (Take a look at a few of your own,
and see.) The script claims that it is because the AIX compiler will
error out if the case arises where confdefs.h is empty.

The problem is that for some reason, the echo command is inserting a
'^@' instead of a newline. Or rather, the real problem is that I can't
reproduce it outside of configure scripts, but every configure script
that contains that line will error when I try and configure a package.

Christopher