Re: dlopen & dlsym

Hi Frank,

"Frans Rossouw" <fer@ucs.co.za> writes:
> OK, I have a question here (Yes again)
>
> Whether I use
>  handle = dlopen (NULL, RTLD_LAZY);
>  handle = dlopen ("absolute path", RTLD_LAZY);
>  handle = (void *) LoadLibrary ("absolute path");
> handle ALWAYS comes back as 0x400000 (as per GDB & log strings)
>
> Can anyone tell me what's going on?

If by "absolute path" you mean the path to the application executable,
than that's expected behaviour.  Applications always specify
0x00400000 as their preferred load address.  In general modules may be
relocated because their preferred load address conflicts with the
address of some other module.  But because no user space DLLs are
loaded before the application, their preference is always respected.

so long, benny
--
ISION Internet AG
Benjamin Riefenstahl