Re: Scheduling shell scripts under bash on NT

1. Make sure the at schedule service is running:

    net start "Task Scheduler"

    Or "net start" and look for "task scheduler" or "schedule" (it got renamed somewhere along the service pack chain).

2. Your batch file must set all the environment options, e.g. PATH, HOME, CYGWIN, etc. before invoking any Cygwin tools. You can
quickly get a list of the current set using "set".

3. You might need the /interactive switch for "at".

4. This works for me (big script to backup and build everything overnight):

    at 21:00 /every:m,t,w,th,f,s,su cmd /c "pushd e:\mcb\bin && night >d:\temp\night.log"

    Where "night.bat" is a batch file that sets up all of my environment variables before invoking any Cygwin stuff.

5. To check your settings for the job, try this (change the 15:00 to two-minutes-from-now on your clock and then wait!):

    at 15:00 cmd /c "pushd c:\temp && set >c:\temp\set.log"

    and check the contents of the "c:\temp\set.log" file to see what kind of environment your at jobs are running in.