FW: gcc-2.95.3 is released.

Does anyone know if this includes the cygwin patches?  There is no mention
of it on the announcement page, or of cygwin in the build status page.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bernd Schmidt [mailto:bernds@cambridge.redhat.com]
Sent: 16 March 2001 15:52
To: gcc-announce@gcc.gnu.org
Cc: gcc@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: gcc-2.95.3 is released.

gcc version 2.95.3 is now available from

  ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/releases/gcc-2.95.3/

A more detailed announcement can be found on

  http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-2.95/gcc-2.95.3.html

If you already have test release 5, you do not need to upgrade; there have
been no changes to the code since then.

It's taken a lot longer than everyone had hoped, but at least we can be
reasonably certain that this release is a definite improvement over 2.95.2.
Thanks to everyone who tested the prereleases and sent in the results.

I'd like to ask everyone who works on OS distributions to be a bit more
careful with version numbers.  If you apply patches for your release,
_please_ make sure that your patched version clearly identifies itself,
e.g. as "2.95.3 (debian)", "2.95.3 (OpenBSD)", or whatever.  Please do
not increment the version number, but also do not leave the version string
unchanged.  People have done strange things to gcc-2.95.2, and this has
been a source of problems while doing regression tests for gcc-2.95.3.

Bernd