problem with ^M

Hi!

I have used old versions of the cygwin tools for quite a long time and never had any problems.
Since I updated to the current release, I'm having problems with return characters.

For instance, I'm using bash, ssh, and cvs:
Having set the CVSROOT environment variable to XXX, I get the following message from cvs:
Cannot access XXX^M/CVSROOT

I also encountered similar problems with perl.

Thank you very much in advance. Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Walter