Re: Strange behaviour of Signals under Cygwin

Gary_Rowe@kindlesystems.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There appears to be a problem with signal handling in Cygwin, whereby
> it is possible under load for signals not to be delivered to the
> process they have been sent to when expected. However, they only
> appear to be deferred, and are delivered on receipt of a subsequent
> signal.
>
> To test this, I used the following stand-alone program, and
> passed signals to it using the "kill(1)" command:

[snip]

> The output is similar, whether the program is compiled with
> "-DUSE_SIGACTION" or not.
>
> Can anyone throw any light on this - is there something I'm missing, or is it
> something I'll have to live with?
>
> And before you ask, NO, I haven't the experience (yet :-) to debug the Cygwin
> code and patch it!

[snip]

There have been a number of recent patches to cygwin wrt signal handling
(and I seem to remember this very subject (deferred/delayed signal
delivery) being discusses on this list within the last two weeks...)

I would suggest trying a recent snapshot (e.g. last nights') but
apparently the snapshot build daemon is broken.  The most recent
snapshot is Mar 07 -- that one MAY have a few signal-related fixes; give
it a try.

--Chuck