Re: Bash/Emacs Problem

Hi Paul

I've been suffering from the same problem with make from (NT)emacs 20.7.1
during the last few months, i've been meaning to report it, but have never
got found the time.

just for everyone elses info here is an example of the error message at the
end of the make output:

Compilation exited abnormally with code 131072 at Mon Mar 12 11:52:40

If my memory serves me correctly this problem started not with the latest
version of make, but an earlier version before that. I'm not 100% sure
whether it was a change to make that caused the problem or a change to some
other part of cygwin. Of course it's also possible that it's an emacs
problem. I remember that i moved up from 20.3 to 20.7.1 around the same
time, but I'm fairly sure that the problem did start before I made the emacs
upgrade.

I've never had problems checking things out of cvs via emacs when using
vc-mode or pcl-cvs. I just tried doing a cvs checkout from a bash shell
buffer in emacs, that was fine too. So possibly this problem is unrelated.

I very much doubt that the make problem has anything to do with you changing
from Win 95 to Win ME. I'm on Win98 SE, and make did run fine via emacs
some months ago.

This doesn't seem to be a major problem, make still works fine via emacs, it
(or something) just generates that extra message....

it would be nice to get rid of that message if someone has any ideas of what
is causing it.

Sagar